This Feature Add-on makes it possible to set up authentication for OpenBook customer users and a read-only customer backend for accessing customer user data stored in Talligent’s billing and reporting solution OpenBook when using OTRS.
To set up the authentication module, you must add a piece of code to the Kernel/Config.pm file that enables the following configurations in order to access the OpenBook customer user data:
- Define the OpenBook Api user
- Define the OpenBook Api password
- Define the OpenBook Api URL
- Define the valid user roles in OTRS to access the OpenBook customer backend
To set up the OpenBook customer backend module, you must add a piece of code to the Kernel/Config.pm file that enables the following configurations:
- Map: defines all possible fields that are visible to the customer user.
- CustomerUserNameField: comprises all fields that are assigned to the customer user.
- CacheTTL: defines the cache time in seconds.
- CustomerValid: defines the name of fields in OpenBook for valid columns.
- And many more.