OTRS 7 Patch Level 9
July 12, 2019 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 9th patch level release of OTRS 7.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Improved document search filter for customer tickets.
- Improved cache cleanup to work asynchronously so that the response times of the system are faster and the IO load is more stable every time cache clean-up operations are triggered.
- Improved value masking in tag replacement method.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved file upload size error message.
- Tweaked default built-in web server configuration to listen on localhost only.
- Reply-To overwrites name from customer backend, thanks to Georgeto (PR# ((https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/pull/1974))
- Added new console command Dev::Code::CPANAudit. It scans the system for installed CPAN modules with known vulnerabilities. This will also be done as part of the update script and in the support data collector. In both cases, possible findings will be shown as warnings, not errors.
- Bug#14578 – Login area is out of screen in responsive mode.
- Bug#14594 – New notification screen has English text block although EN is not active and it can not be removed.
- Bug#14592 – Wrong HTML handling of agent names in autocomplete field. When some special characters are used (like quotes), autocomplete results might be wrong.
- Bug#14534 – S/MIME certificate relations don’t get removed in both directions. If we have relation between private key and certificate and then we delete private key, relation is deleted as well. If we delete certificate, relation is not deleted (but this is not visible in the GUI). Afterwards, errors occur when signing emails.
- Bug#12334 – Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems. System will use Net::SSLGlue::SMTP only on systems with older Net::SMTP modules that cannot handle SMTPS.
- Bug#13727 – Admin::Config::Update lacks possibilities to reset / invalidate settings. Extended console command Admin::Config::Update, it accepts additional parameters (–reset and –valid).
- Bug#14585 – ArticleLimit parameter causes wrong response of TicketGet web service operation. If ArticleLimit is set to 10 for example and we have ticket with 3 articles, web service returns 10 articles (3 regular and 7 empty).
- Bug#14574 – Ticket priority is changed when the Customer answers in the External Frontend. In the External Frontend, there is no priority field, therefore it should not be changed.
- Bug#14515 – FAQ state list does not honor FAQ::Agent::StateTypes configuration.
- Bug#14586 – Wrong number of tickets in TicketQueueOverview screen.
- Bug#14583 – The statistics can not be downloaded from the agent dashboard.
- Bug#14595 – The setting of ‘Visible for customer’ in TicketSendEmail is not preserved in the process dialog. When process dialog is reopened, ‘Visible for customer’ is not selected.
- Bug#14567 – In Process ActivityEdit screen, control fields disappear on name change and window resize.
- Bug#14557 – Webservice debug log does not honor selected agent timezone.
- Bug#14220 – Sending Email via Webservice does not contain the attachment but the article does.
- Bug#14562 – Disabling external frontend leads to errors in AdminCustomPage and IndexWorker console command.
- Bug#14551 – Dynamic Fields show wrong error messages in External Frontend.
- Bug#14548 – Shift+S opens document search in other masks.
- Bug#14570 – AdminCustomPage content has incorrect maximum size, limited to the 4000 characters.
- Bug#14542 – Date values for escalation times are not localized in ticket small overview.
- Bug#14554 – Link preview for dynamic fields does not work for date fields in the agent interface.
- Bug#14419 – Resize issue with dashboard stats sidebar widget. When dashboard widget is shrinked, graphs are scaling as intended. After extending the widget, graph doesn’t extend, it remains shrinked.
- Bug#14555 – Ticket view screens add error log entry (uninitialized value in concatenation).
- Bug#14538 – Wording improvement.
- Bug#14478 – Wrong console command ‘Maint::Ticket::FulltextIndex’ description. It’s not possible to use both parameters at the same time (–status –rebuild) – description was updated.
- Bug#14529 – Form field description and hint display broken HTML in external interface.
- Bug#14539 – Poor performance in the document search results page. Performance of detailed search result page has been improved. No manual changes by administrators are needed.
- Bug#14535 – TicketID and TicketNumber missing in Service Task Activity data.
- Bug#14488 – New note notification is not sent if agent does not have both ro AND note permission on the queue. With this fix in place, inform agent selection contains only agents with ro permission.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6