OTRS 8 Patch Level 18
November 29, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 18.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Fixed broken Agent and External interfaces when Korean, Macedonian or Romanian language is selected.
- Improved performance while dealing with permissions.
- Improved common section component.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Implemented resizable column feature (formerly known as OTRSAdjustSortTicketOverview package).
- Added possibility to show browser notifications (former known as OTRSTicketNotificationPopups package).
- Made several changes to improve performance (e.g. while fetching articles).
- Added the possibility to sort options in a select field numerically.
- Added new feature to check for required login headers for HTTPBasicAuth authentication.
- Added needed changes to be able to implement OTRSSpecificTicketNotifications package.
- Added a new link component.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Extended GenericInterface ticket operations.
- TicketCreate and TicketUpdate operations now allow to create more than one article in a single request.
- TicketCreate and TicketUpdate operations provide a more fine-grained control when creating E-Mail articles
- (send a Mail or don’t send a Mail, skip E-Mail address validation for From/To/Cc/Bcc when not sending a Mail).
- Updated example SOAP wsdl file according to current state of ticket operations.
- Operation updates are backwards compatible (non-breaking).
- Updated Mozilla’s CA certificate bundle.
- Ticket#2021082442000573 – Multiple same mail address in ‘To’ field.
- Ticket#2021090742001451 – Issues when S/MIME certificates can not be verified.
- Ticket#2021060442000588 – Owner is not inline editable in the ticket full lists.
- Ticket#2021042742001387 – Special characters are not shown correctly in S/MIME and PGP management.
- Ticket#2021043042001344 – Optional email address for customer users is not accepted in admin interface.
- Ticket#2020100642001184 – Using a telephone number as a link in a dynamic field is not working.
- Ticket#2020071442001595 – Other notification methods cannot be de-selected if another method is mandatory and active by default.
- Ticket#2021091342001573 – Dashboard list of out-of-office people is not updated correctly without cache clearing.
- Ticket#2021092342000902 – Workaround for logging to admin interface.
- Ticket#2021102142000832 – Not possible to create a new process ticket.
- Ticket#2021092242000379 – Body field is not usable in combination with Internet Explorer.
- Ticket#2021083042001113 – Current value for web service dynamic field is not shown in process dialogs.
- Ticket#2021090242001147 – Improved explanations for system permissions.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.