OTRS 8 Patch Level 21
March 28, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 21.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Implemented proper termination handling of child processes in OTRS daemon.
- Improved/refactored cache mechanism for link relations in OTRS. The created cache files for link relations are now split into several files to speed up handling the cache operations.
Delta()DateTime calculations performance (used e.g. in ticket escalations) by introducing the usage of an optional perl module
bin/otrs.CheckEnvironment.plto check if it is already installed.
- Fixed memory leak with components
DeviceUUIDwatchers in login page and removed
type=submitattribute from normal buttons.
- Improved performance of user activity dialogs by implementing some tweaks for dynamic fields. User activity dialogs are slow while editing dynamic fields of type
- Do not consider invalid entities (e.g. Service, State, etc.) on ticket article split.
- ACL conditions are combined with
- Uploading files via drag & drop in message field is broken.
- Editor functions (e.g. Format, Font, Size, Text color) are broken.
- Ambiguous system permission in inline editing functionality.
- Configuration Customer::AuthModule::LDAP::UserSuffix not working.
- Non-dismissable notifications cover the chat box on the external interface.
- Functionality to select primary/secondary ticket(s) is not working in user activity dialogs.
- Added possibility to set a Limit on CustomerIDList.
- Data on X axis is shown in dependency of the screen size.
- Statistic legend hides important information.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.