OTRS 8 Patch Level 23
June 13, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 23.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed migration for OTRSTicketNotificationPopups, now it doesn’t needs backend from original package.
- Improved handling of dynamic fields in some places, e.g. ticket notifications and post master execution. This was done to improve the performance of the OTRS system.
- Improved loading times of the ticket detail view by introducing a new mechanism to only load relevant dynamic fields instead of all dynamic fields by default.
- The new process module doesn’t work properly when UserID is used to override the current user. A new configuration widget has been created store the key and value to override the UserID in the LinkWith* process management modules.
- Improved user password generation.
- Severe performance issues when creating statistics on systems with high amount of dynamic fields.
- Survey is not shown correctly when SSO is enabled.
- Error message
Decoding the JSON string failedappears in the logs when there is attempt to decode empty string.
- Wrong field order in the Ticket Create screen (External Interface).
- Improved displaying of menu icons in the mobile view of OTRS. They are now displayed in a new bottom bar which is scrollable if many icons are shown.
- When Dashboard widget is collapsed and then expanded, column data is no longer readable.
- Improved incoming email processing.
- Missing asterisk (*) explanation next to the required fields. Descriptive message appears only when agent attempts to submit the form.
- Improved Lost Password screen.
- Ticket properties (Dynamic fields) are not set properly when ticket split action is used (they should be inherited from the original ticket).
- After selecting the template, by answering via Article, the Change Template notification is shown, even when article body is not changed.
- Fixed pulse mode propagation from dashboard control to widgets.
- Update does not work on MySql 8.0 with utf8mb3.
- When article is created via Generic Interface (TicketCreate/TicketUpdate), article
Sender) is not set.
- Accessing a ticket via the ticket number is not possible in new agent interface.
- Opening a ticket which contains special character (i.e. emoticon) leads to the toast error message
Error receiving list data.
Ticket::Permission###6-InvolvedCheckare not honored properly and affected tickets are not shown in the ticket watchlist.
- Queues are translated in personal notification settings.
- Long file names for attachments are not fully shown.
- Displayed logo in external interface is not fully clickable.
- Email notifications get sent even if not selected in user personal preferences.
- Expired Web Notifications not cleaned up automatically.
- OTRS version number shown in exported ICS files.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.