OTRS 8 Patch Level 26
October 17, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 26.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed migration of web service credentials.
- New webservice operation
- Improved the structure of the TicketSearch backend to use
- Added new feature – Introduced expandable sidebar menu.
Dev::Code::CPANAuditConsole command performance.
- Improved unit test stability.
- Added Authentication module for OAuth2 Resource Owner Password Flow.
- Fixed npm audit issue.
- Added a new dynamic field type
- Improved certificate handling – having only the CA is a valid certificate credential.
- Added S/MIME purpose information to admin screen.
- Templates and signatures add an extra trailing space ( character).
- Filter criteria disappear after collapsing and expanding the widget.
- Communication widgets shows only 1000 ticket articles. Removed the limitation on only showing first 1000 articles.
- CPANAudit console command shows alpha→numify() is lossy error message.
- SLA update time can be updated by a customer article.
- Updating dynamic field od type Date/DateTime doesn’t trigger dynamic field Webservice update.
- Improved expandable sidebar menu for mobile view and edit-mode.
- Could not fetch signature for users with special characters.
- Error message appears in the system log about failing ScriptTask activity.
- Template content is displayed even if user do not have necessary permissions.
- Improved performances when loading articles.
- STORM Management update does not honor SupportDataSending setting.
- Enhancement: Adds possibility to use OTRS smart tags in Sequence flows.
- OTRS doesn’t prevent sending emails to the system addresses (i.e. using Reply action).
- Resetting Communication Widget to the default configuration leads to error (Error Receiving List Data).
- Keyboard Tab key does not work with autocomplete field.
- Improved handling of emails with a lot of recipients.
- Split document search types to single elements (Article, Tickets).
- Empty dynamic fields are shown in the BODV screen when agent access it via links in the frontend.
- Ticket permission modules ‘OwnerCheck’ and ‘ResponsibleCheck’ are not respected.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.