OTRS Security Advisory 2020-03
January 10, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-03
- Date: 2020-01-10
- Title: Possible to send drafted messages as wrong agent
- Severity: 3.5 LOW
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.14, OTRS 6.0.25
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1767
OSA-2020-03 Possible to send drafted messages as wrong agent (CVE-2020-1767)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
Agent A is able to save a draft (i.e. for customer reply). Then Agent B can open the draft, change the text completely and send it in the name of Agent A. For the customer it will not be visible that the message was sent by another agent.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition
6.0.x version 6.0.24 and prior versions.
7.0.x version 7.0.13 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during production usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1767.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.14, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.25.
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6:
This issue is being tracked as 2020011042000836.
2020-01-10: Initial Publication.
3.5 ( CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N)