OTRS Security Advisory 2020-05
February 07, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-05
- Date: 2020-02-07
- Title: Vulnerability in third-party library – jquery
- Severity: Medium
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.15, OTRS 6.0.26
- FULL CVSS v3.0 VECTOR: 6.1 CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2019-11358
OSA-2020-05 Vulnerability in third-party library – jquery (CVE-2019-11358)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
OTRS use jquery version 3.2.1, which is vulnerable to the prototype pollution attack. For more information, please read following article https://snyk.io/test/npm/jquery/3.2.1
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition
6.0.x version 6.0.25 and prior versions.
7.0.x version 7.0.14 and prior versions.
This issue was not seen during production usage, but in theory it could be exploited.
This issue has been assigned TBD.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.15, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.26.
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/83265e77957def2734a6a1e253353140e83ab04c
This issue is being tracked as 2020011042000836.
2020-02-07: Initial Publication.