OTRS Security Advisory 2020-09
March 27, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-09
- Date: 2020-03-27
- Title: Information Disclosure
- Severity: 6.5 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.16, OTRS 6.0.27, 5.0.42
- FULL CVSS VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1772
OSA-2020-09 Information Disclosure (CVE-2020-1772)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.x, 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
It’s possible to craft Lost Password requests with wildcards in the Token value, which allows attacker to retrieve valid Token(s), generated by users which already requested new passwords.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.41 version 6.0.26 and prior versions.
7.0.15 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during production usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1772.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.16, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.27, 5.0.42
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/c0255365d5c455272b2b9e7bb1f6c96c3fce441b
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/2628464f659c39fafbc32147d569553eb07d41d7
This issue is being tracked as 2020012742001563.
2020-03-27: Initial Publication.
6.5 ( CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N)