OTRS Security Advisory 2020-10
March 27, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-10
- Date: 2020-03-27
- Title: Session / Password token leak
- Severity: 7.3 HIGH
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.16, OTRS 6.0.27, 5.0.42
- FULL CVSS VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1773
OSA-2020-10 Session / Password / Password token leak (CVE-2020-1773)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.x, 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
An attacker with the ability to generate session IDs or password reset tokens, either by being able to authenticate or by exploiting OSA-2020-09, may be able to predict other users session IDs, password reset tokens and automatically generated passwords.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.41 version 6.0.26 and prior versions.
7.0.15 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1773.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.16, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.27, 5.0.42
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6:
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5:
This issue is being tracked as 2020012742001563.
2020-03-27: Initial Publication.