OTRS Security Advisory 2020-13
July 20, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-13
- Date: 2020-07-20
- Title: Invalidating or changing user does not invalidate session
- Severity: 3.5 LOW
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.5 OTRS 7.0.19, OTRS 6.0.29
- FULL CVSS VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1776
OSA-2020-13 Information disclosure (CVE-2020-1776)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x This issue affects OTRS 8.0.x and OTRS 7.0.x.
When an agent user is renamed or set to invalid the session belonging to the user is keept active. The session can not be used to access ticket data in the case the agent is invalid.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition
6.0.x version 6.0.28 and prior versions.
8.0.x version 8.0.4 and prior versions.
7.0.x version 7.0.18 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
Upgrade to OTRS 8.0.5, OTRS 7.0.19, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.29
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/4514f95f747be368c3dc9a9452ff9aa66506648d
This issue is being tracked as 2020052042004084.
2020-06-30: Initial Publication.