OTRS Security Advisory 2020-16
November 23, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-16
- Date: 2020-11-23
- Title: Bypassing user account validation
- Severity: Medium
- Product: OTRS 8.0.9
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.10
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1778
OSA-2020-16 Information disclosure (CVE-2020-1778)
This issue affects OTRS 8.0.x.
When OTRS uses multiple backends for user authentication (with LDAP), agents are able to login even if the account is set to invalid.
This issue affects
8.0.9 and prior versions.
This issue was found during internal product security testing or research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1778.
Upgrade to OTRS 8.0.10
This issue is being tracked as 2020111442000202.
2020-11-23: Initial Publication.