OTRS Security Advisory 2021-03
February 8, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-03
- Date: 2021-02-08
- Title: Dynamic templates reveal sensitive data when OTRS tags are used
- Severity: 4.3. MEDIUM
- Product: OTRSTicketForms 6.0.40, OTRSTicketForms 7.0.29 and OTRSTicketForms 8.0.3
- Fixed in: OTRSTicketForms 7.0.30 and OTRSTicketForms 8.0.4
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1779
OSA-2021-03 Dynamic templates reveal sensitive data when OTRS tags are used (CVE-2020-1779)
This issue affects OTRSTicketForms 6.0.x, 7.0.x, 8.0.x.
When dynamic templates are used (OTRSTicketForms), admin can use OTRS tags which are not masked properly and can reveal sensitive information.
This issue affects
6.0.x version 6.0.40 and prior versions;
7.0.x version 7.0.29 and prior versions;
8.0.x version 8.0.03 and prior versions.
This issue was found during internal product security testing or research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1779.
Update to OTRSTicketForms 7.0.30 or OTRSTicketForms 8.0.4.
2021-02-08: Initial Publication.