OTRS Security Advisory 2021-08
March 22, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-08
- Date: 2021-03-22
- Title: FAQ articles are shown to users without permission
- Severity: 3.5 LOW
- Product: OTRS 7.0.24, and FAQ 6.0.29
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.25
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2021-21438
OSA-2021-08 FAQ articles are shown to users without permission (CVE-2021-21438)
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x and FAQ 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS .
Agents are able to see linked FAQ articles without permissions (defined in FAQ Category).
This issue affects:
FAQ version 6.0.29 and prior versions, OTRS version 7.0.24 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during production usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-21438.
Update to OTRS 7.0.25.
This issue is being tracked as 2021020842001809.
- 2021-03-22: Initial Publication.