OTRS Security Advisory 2021-09
June 14, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-09
- Date: 2021-06-14
- Title: Possible DoS attack using a special crafted URL in email body
- Severity: 6.5 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x,
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.14, OTRS 7.0.27
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H
- References: CVE-2021-21439
OSA-2021-09 Possible DoS attack using a special crafted URL in email body (CVE-2021-21439)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x, 8.0.x.
DoS attack can be performed when an email contains specially designed URL in the body. It can lead to the high CPU usage and cause low quality of service, or in extreme case bring the system to a halt.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x version 6.0.1 and later versions.
OTRS 7.0.x version 7.0.26 and prior versions; 8.0.x version 8.0.13 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-21439.
Update to OTRS 8.0.14 or OTRS 7.0.27.
This issue is being tracked as 2021031142000285.
- 2021-06-14: Initial Publication.