OTRS Security Advisory 2021-10
Sept 6, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-10
- Date: 2021-07-26 (initial), 2021-09-06 (update)
- Title: Support Bundle includes S/Mime and PGP keys and secrets
- Severity: 5.2 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.16, OTRS 7.0.29
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2021-21440, CVE-2021-36096
- Ticket#2021050342000331, Ticket#2021072642001436
OSA-2021-10 Support Bundle includes S/Mime and PGP keys and secrets (CVE-2021-21440,CVE-2021-36096)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x, 8.0.x.
Generated Support Bundles contains private S/MIME and PGP keys if containing folder is not hidden. Also secrets and PIN for the keys are not masked properly.
This issue affects:
OTRS AG ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x version 6.0.1 and later versions.
OTRS AG OTRS 7.0.x version 7.0.28 and prior versions; 8.0.x version 8.0.15 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during production usage.
Update to OTRS 8.0.16 or OTRS 7.0.29.
This issue is being tracked as 2021050342000331 and 2021072642001436
- 2021-07-26: Initial Publication.
- 2021-09-06: Update for CVE-2021-36096
- CVE-2021-21440 at cve.mitre.org
- CVE-2021-36096 at cve.mitre.org