OTRS Security Advisory 2021-11
June 16, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-11
- Date: 2021-06-16
- Title: XSS in the ticket overview screens
- Severity: 7.5 HIGH
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.27
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2021-21441
XSS in the ticket overview screens (CVE-2021-21441)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x,
There is a XSS vulnerability in the ticket overview screens. It’s possible to collect various information by having an e-mail shown in the overview screen. Attack can be performed by sending specially crafted e-mail to the system and it doesn’t require any user intraction.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x version 6.0.1 and later versions.
OTRS 7.0.x version 7.0.26 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-21441.
Update to OTRS 7.0.27.
This issue is being tracked as 2021042142004313.
- 2021-06-16: Initial Publication.