OTRS Security Advisory 2021-15
Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-15
- Date: 2021-07-26
- Title: XSS attack using special link in email
- Severity: 6.5 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.15, OTRS 7.0.28
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2021-36092
OSA-2021-15 XSS attack using special link in email (CVE-2021-36092)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x, 8.0.x.
It’s possible to create an email which contains specially crafted link and it can be used to perform XSS attack.
This issue affects:
OTRS AG ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.32 and prior versions.
OTRS AG OTRS 7.0.27 and prior versions.
OTRS AG OTRS 8.0.14 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during external usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-36092.
Update to OTRS 8.0.15, OTRS 7.0.28
This issue is being tracked as 2021061442000603.1.
- 2021-07-26: Initial Publication.