OTRS Security Advisory 2021-20
October 18, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-20
- Date: 2021-10-18
- Title: Agents are able to lock the ticket without the “Owner” permission
- Severity: 3.5 LOW
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.17
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2021-36097
OSA-2021-20 Agents are able to lock the ticket without the “Owner” permission (CVE-2021-
This issue affects OTRS 8.0.x.
Agents are able to lock the ticket without the “Owner” permission. Once the ticket is locked, it could be moved to the queue where the agent has “rw” permissions and gain a full control.
This issue affects:
OTRS AG OTRS 8.0.x version 8.0.16 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during the production usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-36097.
Update to OTRS 8.0.17.
This issue is being tracked as 2021083142001442.
- 2021-10-18: Initial Publication.