OTRS Security Advisory 2022-03
Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2022-03
- Date: 2022-03-21
- Title: Authenticated remote code execution
- Severity: 6.4 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x, OTRSSTORM 8.0.x, OTRSSTORM 7.0.x, OTRSSTORM 6.0.x, SystemMonitoring 8.0.x, SystemMonitoring 7.0.x, SystemMonitoring 6.0.x, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.20, OTRS 7.0.33, OTRSSTORM 8.0.12, OTRSSTORM 7.0.28, SystemMonitoring 8.0.9, SystemMonitoring 7.0.19
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
- References: CVE-2021-36100
OSA-2022-03 Authenticated remote code execution (CVE-2021-36100)
This issue affects
((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x.
Specially crafted string in OTRS system configuration can allow the execution of any system command.
This issue was seen during production usage.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2021-36100.
SystemMonitoring 8.0.9, OTRS 7.0.19.
- 022-01-19: Initial Publication.
Special thanks to Rayhan Ahmed and Maxime Brigaudeau for reporting these vulnerability.