OTRS Security Advisory 2022-09
Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2022-09
- Date: 2022-06-13
- Title: Information disclosure in Request New Password feature
- Severity: 5.3. MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.23, OTRS 7.0.35,
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2022-32741
OSA-2022-09 Information disclosure in Request New Password feature (CVE-2022-32741)
This issue affects
Attacker is able to determine if the provided username exists (and it’s valid) using Request New Password feature, based on the response time.
This issue was seen during internal research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2022-32741
- 2022-06-13: Initial Publication.
Special thanks to Balázs Úr for reporting these vulnerability..