OTRS 7 Patch Level 21
August 31, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 7 patch level 21.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved caching and optional compression of delivered frontend content. Legacy frontend content is delivered in compressed form by apache if requested by client. More legacy frontend content is marked as cacheable by internal web server.
- Added Hungarian translation for the default content of the External Interface.
- Removed unused configuration option
Ticket::CustomerArchiveSystem. The underlying function was removed with OTRS 7.
- Removed unused configuration option
- Bug#15192 – OTRS throws a disconnect error on merge action on Oracle database.
- Bug#15252 – CustomerUserSearchListLimit not working for dynamic field based searches.
- Bug#15253 – AdminCustomerUser does not correctly limit results from multiple backends.
- Bug#15177 – Involved Agent can not be added in AgentTicketNote screen.
- Bug#15212 – System configuration – ModifiedSettingVersionGet() does not return ChangeBy and CreateBy information. Instead it returns UserID 1.
- Bug#15263 – Error in
Maint::Email::MailQueuebecause of using uninitialized value.
- Bug#14448 – Extraneous default value in notification_view.user_type on Update to OTRS 7. This happens when notification_view already exists (in OTRS 6).
- Bug#15261 – System configurations missing description for
- Bug#15186 – When article is split into a Process Tickets, attachments are being duplicated.
- Bug#15059 – Public sites in External Interface are not publicly available when
- Bug#15244 – The design of the process ticket does not follow our guidelines on the External Interface. Improved button text to
Close This Dialog.
- Bug#15185 – Missing translations in External Interface.
- Bug#15160 – ACL-Filter
PropertiesDatabasenot working in ticket article create in the External Interface.
- Bug#15021 – Chat is not working in External Interface when
- Bug#15217 – Missing TreeView for dynamic fields in Generic Agent.
- Bug#15216 – Crypted S/MIME emails not decrypted in postmaster filter.
- Bug#15221 – Clear selection in old select fields is not available in AdminGenericAgent.
- Bug#14754 – Oracle backend error ORA-01704 on INSERT statements with too long string literal. Oracle doesn’t support statements which contains a string literal longer than 4000 characters.
- Bug#15006 – It’s not possible to create a ticket if queue/priority and it’s default value is disabled in the External Interface. Even though submit button is shown, but system is not able to create ticket and shows error message. With this fix, submit button is disabled and notification is shown, while
SupportDataCollectoris able to detect such misconfiguration.
- Bug#15127 – Process selection doesn’t show the hierarchy in the External Interface. Instead, all processes are shown as top-level.
- Bug#15180 – Plain text article printing does not work well with citation. In some cases printed PDF article contains only the citation.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.