OTRS Group Vulnerability Disclosure Policy
We take the security of our systems seriously, and we value the security community. The disclosure of security vulnerabilities helps us ensure the security and privacy of our users.
We require that all researchers:
- Respect the rules. Operate within the rules set forth by the OTRS Security Team, or speak up if in strong disagreement with the rules.
- Respect privacy. Make a good faith effort not to access or destroy another user’s data. Avoid degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data.
- Be patient. Make a good faith effort to clarify and support on arising questions. Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and OTRS Group until we resolved the issue with a public OTRS Group Security Announcement (typically within 90 days)
- Do no harm. Act for the common good through the prompt reporting of all found vulnerabilities. Never willfully exploit others without their permission.
- Use the communication channel below to report vulnerability information to us. Do not use personal emails, social media accounts, or other private connections to contact a member of a security team in regards to vulnerabilities or any program related issues, unless you have been instructed to do so.
If you follow these guidelines when reporting an issue to us, we commit to:
- Not pursue or support any legal action related to your research;
- Work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly (including an initial confirmation of your report within 1 week of submission);
- Recognize your contribution on our Security Researcher Hall of Fame, if you are the first to report the issue and we make a code or configuration change based on the issue.
- OTRS and Features created by the OTRS Group.
- Managed OTRS and automation tools created and operated by the OTRS Group.
- ((OTRS)) Community Edition and features created by the OTRS Group.
Out of scope
- Vulnerabilities which are exclusive to 3rd party modules for ((OTRS)) community edition or OTRS which do not base on the code of any of our software. Any services hosted by 3rd party providers are excluded from scope.
The following versions of OTRS are currently being supported with security updates:
- OTRS 8.x
- OTRS 7.x
Older versions before OTRS 7.x including ((OTRS)) Community Edition are not supported and have known vulnerabilities.
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of our products or platforms please send it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following details with your report:
- Description of the location and potential impact of the vulnerability;
- A detailed description of the steps required to reproduce the vulnerability (POC scripts, screenshots, and compressed screen captures are all helpful to us); and
- Your name/pseudonym for recognition in our Hall of Fame. If you prefer to remain anonymous, we encourage them to submit under a pseudonym.
- If you’d like to encrypt the information, please use our PGP Key: 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2023-11-20] GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B