OTRS 8 Patch Level 1
March 27, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 1.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Updated Elasticsearch minimum version to 6.5.0.
- Renamed WebApp/Handle.pm to WebApp/OTRSWebServer.pm for better identification in process list.
- Dropped the system maintenance feature. You can use the “Generic” notification module instead to inform users about upcoming maintenance windows.
- Removed unneeded dependency Crypt::SSLeay.
- Improved Document Search feature: Made pipelines and dynamic templates reusable among the drivers. Added the possibility to modify or overwrite different driver properties, by using custom modules. Improved Dynamic Field data processing to facilitate the searches. Added two new options to
- Added new agent auth synchronization module based on HTTP headers.
- Added the possibility to split additional recipients in ticket notifications email method, producing separate emails for each recipient.
- Added Macedonian and Romanian translations.
- Turn off AdminSelectBox by default.
- Updated npm module dependencies.
- Improved PID – make sure that there are no 2 processes running at the same time.
- Improved avatar handling throughout the framework.
- Improved frontend messages api and gui.
- Removed obsolete bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl script. Use otrs.Console.pl Maint::PostMaster::Read instead.
- Removed obsolete cron support files. Use the systemd support files in scripts/systemd instead (see install/update manual).
- Bug#15019 – Dynamic Field shows the key entry instead of the value.
- Bug#14958 – Can’t reply to an article create via ‘OTRS’ – Process and Webservice Problem.
- Bug#14736 – Unnecessary ‘Enabled and required’ system configuration option for external frontend TicketDetailView and TicketOverview dynamic field.
- Bug#13553 – ProcessEngine not running correctly when conditions update via GenericInterface ResponseData. – Refactored event subsystem.
- Bug#14674 – The font of html emails is changed if there is an enumeration in the mail and the mail was sent from MS Outlook. Unnecessary post-processing of specific styles was completely removed, articles should now be displayed in their original form.
- Bug#14643 – Ticket data values are not translated in external interface. With this fix State and Priority data are translated properly.
- Bug#14539 – Document search results page performance problems. Performance of detailed search result page has been improved. No manual changes by administrators are needed.
- Bug#14269 – If you filter for ‘has attachments’ in the external frontend, you see also tickets which have no attachment in the detail page.
- Bug#13540 – Not needed time zone output in the ticket list for the configured otrs system time zone.
- Bug#14172 – Mandatory fields are not marked as mandatory in contact with data dynamic field add screen.
- Bug#14114 – Dynamic field of type database cannot be saved via a web service.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.