OTRS 8 Patch Level 13
May 3, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 13.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Increased height for the visible items section in screen configuration edit mask.
- Implemented new help section in main menu.
- Improved pulse mode icon: It is now more obvious if the pulse mode is active.
- Improved knowledge base article handling.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Updated npm packages.
- Changed business object widgets header to not contain name of business object by default, it will be shown on hover in the tooltip.
- Moved toast messages to top right corner in agent interface because they were interfering with user interactions.
- Ticket#2020102742000636 – Improved SQL box.
- Ticket#2021022542000984 – Link with smart tag is not correct.
- Ticket#2020112342000552 – Translation not working for headlines in SearchResult.
- Ticket#2021040642000659 – Performance problem during loading of the statistic report edit screen.
- Ticket#2021021742002596 – Images/pictures in KBAs are not visible for customers in the external interface.
- Ticket#2021041242001655 – Service selection is empty in process dialogs if no customer user field is available.
- Implemented Ticket#2019041842001881 – Display and placement of process management activity descriptions and field descriptions.
- Ticket#2021041442001893 – Knowledge base articles no longer accessible if agent has only read-only permissions.
- Ticket#2020112342000623 – Dynamic Field link is not clickable and preview is not working.
- Ticket#2020121542001878 – Option “Inform involved agents” is missing in add note.
- Ticket#2020112542004125 – Inconsistent in
AgentFrontend::Ticket::NeedAccountedTimeimplementation related to the message part inside the actions.
- Ticket#2020082842001174 – Property card for ‘ArchiveFlag’ is always visible.
- Ticket#2020113042001609 – ‘Show link’ configuration of dropdowns is not working.
- Ticket#2021030342005027 – Checkboxes for
OTRSAdvancedTicketArticleForwardpackage show up wrongly in inline article preview in ticket BOL.
- Ticket#2021020542000495 – Appointments: Week, month and year selections are not hidden after resetting ‘Repeat’ from ‘custom’ to something else.
- Ticket#2020041842000334 – Missing translation for the escalation type label in ticket property escalation card.
- Ticket#2020082542003491 – Statistics and reports dashboard is accessible for agents without being in stats group.
- Ticket#2020052042003549 – Queue selection is different from inline editing as ticket move endpoint.
- Ticket#2021021542001724 – Dynamic Field date restrictions are not working.
- Ticket#2021020142002204 – Filter with a relative time range (before/after) can’t be read easily.
- Ticket#2020100342000127 – Module “AdminAppointmentImport” is missing.
- Ticket#2020082642003327 – “Field4” and “Field5” are hidden but widgets are selectable in KBA detail view.
- Ticket#2020111342000713 – Unwanted behavior in statistics after deleting & creating new tickets for a specific customer.
- Ticket#2020051942001526 – Insert KBA in ticket create and the ticket actions is missing.
- Ticket#2021030542000841 – Customer and customer user are not changeable via “FreeText” action.
- Ticket#2020120242003141 – Service selection for tickets is no longer displayed. A new setting named
Frontend::Form::Field::Select::DropdownLimitwas added to be able to change the dropdown limit via system configuration. The default is set to 1000.
- Ticket#2021031342000441 – Error message is shown in OTRS log if SysConfig settings are modified via custom config files (e.g. delete statements are used to disable features). It happens while navigating to such frontend module settings in the SysConfig.
- Ticket#2021031842002243 – Multi select dynamic field values are not displayed after using ticket create module in process management.
- Ticket#2021030542000804 – Text changed via spell checker is not saved in articles.
- Enhanced role which provides email security field to be able to use it in process tickets.
- Ticket#2020102442000178 – System administrators cannot change agent’s advanced preferences on the admin interface.
- Ticket#2021020842001005 –
Permission deniederror message is spamming OTRS logs. Error message is shown if there is an agent notification referring to a ticket which was moved to a different queue in the meantime for which the agent does not have any permissions.
- Ticket#2021021942001182 –
Error Updating Ticketis shown when updating Customer in the ticket.
- Ticket#2020052942000473 – Update the list of supported but optional system permissions.
- Ticket#2021021042003151 – Phone Call inbound does not send FollowUp event.
- Ticket#2021021042002367 – Improved system configuration description for
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.