OTRS 8 Patch Level 17
October 18, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 17.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Implemented new script task activities:
- Pull data from customer company.
- Pull data from customer user.
- Pull data from knowledge base article.
- Pull data from ticket.
- Push data to knowledge base article.
- Push data to ticket.
- Link with knowledge base article.
- Link with ticket.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved accessibility of widget removing functionality.
- Improved readability for unread tickets in ticket lists.
- Improved displaying of toast messages.
- Updated npm packages and fixed audit issues.
- Fixed creation of index for
- Increased minimum requirements for DBD::Pg (3.5.0).
- Follow-up fix for Ticket#2021042742000646 – Ticket lock action is shown without having proper permissions.
- Ticket#2020052942000633 – Style is not correctly applied in date picker component.
- Ticket#2021092842001331 – New action menu is not completely visible using Safari.
- Ticket#2021040942000699 – Defined text with linebreaks in ‘Home Page’ (admin interface) is not displayed correctly in external interface.
- Ticket#2021020542000941 – Problem with customer ID as a select filter in GenericAgent screen.
- Ticket#2021081142000892 – Session management screen does not show correct data.
- Ticket#2021071442001655 – Process Management: Different field lengths in edit sequence flow screen for fields in condition expression blocks.
- Ticket#2021052642002804 – Patch level update looses personal settings, default style is loaded.
- Ticket#2021032542000722 – Rebuilding of article search index does not restart correctly on database outages/issues.
- Ticket#2020110542001326 – Article which contains only a picture produce a defectiv article using ticket update operation.
- Ticket#2020082642003416 – Wrong styled select fields in custom notification while adding/editing an appointment.
- Ticket#2021082642000855 – Log contains error message by searching for setting ‘TimeWorkingHours’ if setting was changed before.
- Ticket#2021082442000984 – Approved information is wrong.
- Ticket#2021090742001656 – Disabled nodes not readable in dropdowns for skins ‘bright’ and ‘dark’.
- Ticket#2021090742001692 – Recipient language is not taken into consideration on ticket create.
- Ticket#2021050742001851 – Missing customer invalid information.
- Ticket#2021070942001067 – Dynamic field type date does not accept manually inserted date in the calendar.
- Ticket#2021042742000646 – Ticket lock action is shown without having proper permissions.
- Ticket#2021042742000673 – Ticket move action is visible and executable without having proper permissions.
- Ticket#2020082842000862 – Custom agent preferences are not working well.
- Ticket#2021022242004708 – Replies not correctly assigned if mail contains two ticket numbers and
SubjectFormatis set to right.
- Ticket#2020051942001508 – Updating an article draft is missing.
- Ticket#2020052042003941 – Chat acceptation is not user friendly.
- Ticket#2020052142000826 – Line break of the chat message is wrong on the external interface.
- Ticket#2020082842001218 – Styles behaves different in views.
- Ticket#2021072842000237 – Dashboard statistics show wrong colors.
- Ticket#2021080242000926 – Article actions in communication compact widget disappears on small screens.
- Ticket#2021083142000345 – ACL not matching correctly in process dialogs.
- Ticket#2021081642000829 – Related customer IDs are not shown in ‘Change Customer’ action.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.