OTRS 8 Patch Level 24
July 25, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 24.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Reduced spacings inside the property cards.
- Implemented centralized credentials management for mail accounts and web service (requests).
- Fixed missing appointment sequence.
- Improved performances – Do not perform polling requests within inactive windows and tabs.
- Improved performances in the business object list configuration endpoint. Systems with large amount of Dynamic Fields and agents with many organizer items should experience faster response times.
- Improved postmaster email bounce detection logging.
- Removed unneeded code from StatisticMetrics that brakes StatisticStatic unit test execution.
- Updated npm packages.
- Avatar images are now served through endpoints.
- Increased dynamic field dropdown and multiselect possible values (key and value) maximum length from 100 to 200 characters each.
- Added missing
Limitparameter to the API documentation of TicketSearch.
- Improved performance of the Dynamic Field backend – optimized input parameter validation.
- SMIME .der Certificates from LDAP cause “wide character” messages with ‘SMIME::FetchFromCustomer’ feature.
- Missing Endpoint in Ticket actions prevents service from being set.
- PGP encrypted emails corrupted by MS-Exchange can not be correctly decrypted in the BODV. Added new postmaster modifier module to detect and fix this corrupted emails, it can be activated with the system configuration setting
PostMaster::ModifierModule###1-PGPMixedUpEncryption, fixing this emails require altering the email structure and content type, this operation is irreversible.
- Email notifications get sent even if not selected in user personal preferences.
- Process management fields shows ‘HASH(0x…)’ values in statistics results.
- Process stuck while performing
Maint::Stats::Reports::GenerateCron. OTRS uses Chromium binary for the PDF generation, which might get stuck occasionally.
- Missing carriage return in the content cards in the External Interface.
- Switch filter section position from top to right.
- Missing attachments from opaque signed S/MIME emails.
- Missing OTRS smart tags for appointment notifications email additional recipients. Additional recipients for email transport of appointment notifications can now use e.g.
- Opening a ticket which contains special character (i.e. emoticon) leads to the toast error message
Error receiving list data.
- Inline images are not shown in the External Interface. Behavior in both External and Agent Interface is identical now. Added a new SysConfig setting
- Attachments are shown only one per row, hence occupy too much space in the GUI.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.