OTRS 8 Patch Level 29
February 6, 2023 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 29.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Breaking Change: Dropped NodeJS 14 support, OTRS requires NodeJS 16. Before starting the update to this patch level, make sure that prover version of NodeJS is installed, otherwise
bin/otrs.CheckEnvironment.plwill complain about it.
- Improved Export Process feature.
- Improved refreshing of credentials (ResourceOwnerPassword).
- Fix index usage of scheduler queries.
- Merged Feature addon NicosEnhancedRecipientField.
- Merged Feature addon UnifyXMLKeyAttributes.
- SSO authentication improvement.
- Updated npm packages.
- Merged Feature addon SLCustomerRegistration.
- Fixed Fixed failing CKEditor unit tests on firefox version 107.
- Added support for OAuth 2.0 auth code flow for MS365.
- Mail fetching is not possible if daemon is not done refreshing access token for OAuth2 credential.
- Not possible to export credentials (OTRSAutomation).
- Opening a ticket which contains special character (i.e. emoticon) leads to the toast error message “Error receiving list data”.
- Template overwrite dialog not working as expected.
- Date parameters are not handled properly in the legacy TicketSearch.
- Back button doesn’t work properly in the ticket lists in the External Interface. It’s supposed to go back to the proper page, but it always goes back to the first page.
- Update to OTRS 8 breaks organizers for items based on features are active.
- Broken agent avatars for LDAP users. Added a new console command
Maint::User::BrokenAvatarswhich fixes the issue.
- Missing password check on CustomerUserCreate operation.
- Subfolders in mailboxes are not supported in MS 365 mail fetching.
- Token for password recovery feature is only valid for 5 min. Added a new SysConfig setting
AgentFrontend::Auth::AccessToken::PasswordRecoverySessionTimewhere it can be configured.
- Broken parameter handling in new TicketSearch.
- Webservice and mail fetching is still performed, even when set to invalid.
FormDateTimetriggers multiple form schema requests on form loading.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.