OTRS 8 Patch Level 3
May 18, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 3.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Added migration for Customer and Customer User Overview screens.
- Allow plain view article action only for sent email articles.
- Improved ticket attachment handling.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added migration for Ticket and Article Action menu.
- Added migration for Knowledge Base Article and other search templates.
- Improved mobile stylings. Updated flyout behavior.
- Added migration for Knowledge Base Article create and action screens.
- Improved random number generator.
- Added migration for article drafts.
- Added possibility to show custom error messages in ticket creation/ticket actions.
- Improved handling of ticket creation if another required action (e.g. sending of SMS) failed.
- Improved dynamic field styling in business cards.
- Added migration for toolbar modules.
- Added different icons for article actions Reply and Reply to All.
- Improved agent login and 2fa endpoints for the mobile app flow.
- Renamed Load Administrator Dashboard and Load System Configuration main menu items to Open Administrator Dashboard and Open System Configuration.
- Disabled preset filter in the case of selected business object list items.
- Added new URL validator module to backend and frontend.
- Fixed dynamic field validation in customer company and customer user create/update endpoints.
- Fixed compatibility issues with node v13.x.x and v14.x.x.
- Fixed issue with communication widgets not being refreshed e.g. after a note was added to a ticket.
- Fixed issue with
CommonDebuggernot showing the download button.
- Fixed issue with missing article id in ticket action pre-check modules.
- Fixed layout and spacing of Customer and CustomerUser card popovers and inline display.
- Fixed issue where toast messages doesn’t appear for the new incoming chat messages on systems with Oracle database.
- Fixed issue where wrong icon definitions were used in the article action registrations.
- Fixed issue in Safari with transparent gradients in property cards.
- Bug#15061 ACL with type ‘Unclassified’ is defined in
PossibleNotbut shows up in free text ticket action.
- Reverted fix for Bug#14958 – Can’t reply to an article create using Internal communication channel.
- Bug#15139 –
Web::UploadCache::FS::FormIDCleanupfails for new UUID based FormIDs.
- Bug#15093 – Creating process with article communication channel phone opens more than 2000 tickets in a loop.
- Bug#15077 – Ticket search does not work with Dynamic Field type
Date/Timein the past.
- Bug#15080 – Note Templates don’t work in Ticket Detail View.
- Bug#15042 – Link to documentation regarding additional “search parameters” leads to English page no matter what language is configured.
- Bug#15062 – Compose a ticket template with system signature and salutation is not possible.
- Bug#15015 –
Articletype field in process management do not allow drag & drop of the inline images.
- Bug#15067 – The description of the daemon command is printed every time the daemon is stared or stopped.
- Bug#15033 – Statistics does not work well if it contains
DateTimedynamic field with restriction. Some results might be missing, while error appears in the log
The date needs to be in the future!.
- Bug#14631 – Dynamic fields can be selected for objects even they do not support it.
- Bug#15078 – Missing a line break in the output of DBUpdate-to-8.pl.
- Bug#15012 – E-mail addresses are checked if they are system addresses for sender in From parameter, that is used in web services.
Note: OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.