OTRS 8 Patch Level 6
August 31, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 6.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Modified search to allow filter presets as URL parameter.
- Improved caching and optional compression of delivered frontend content. Legacy frontend content is delivered in compressed form by apache if requested by client. More legacy frontend content is marked as cacheable by internal web server.
- Extended and changed action names in business object detail views.
- Improved link object by removing no longer needed temporary link type and improved object permission check.
- Fixed issue with missing dynamic field values in repeating calendar appointments.
- Added migration for user active calendars (calendar widgets).
- Switched the validators of the accounted time field to a regular number.
- Improved inline editing configuration for dynamic fields.
- Improved appointment add/edit form to show update link buttons if package
- Moved the date/time validators to the usage of the moment.js library, added support for localized placeholders in the error messages.
- Improvements in business object list filters regarding dynamic fields.
- Added ACL support for availability of the inline editing feature. Previously, only inline editing form fields supported ACL filtering, now it’s possible to control the access of the complete feature by using
PossibleNotkeys and provide the specific
Endpointcontext as a value.
- Added Hungarian translation for the default content of the external interface.
- Improved ticket actions availability and visibility.
- Added migration for Customer / Customer User Create & Action Screens.
- Fixed missing article templates in Process dialogs.
- Updated iframes to meet accessibility requirements.
- Updated icons to meet accessibility requirements.
- Updated headlines to meet accessibility requirements.
- Improved the look of calendar widgets across different agent styles.
- Updated the colors for the high contrast themes.
- Updated flyout default size.
- Added scope attribute to data tables.
- Improved the dynamic field order explanation and added the link to documentation.
- Bug#15192 – OTRS throws a disconnect error on merge action on Oracle database.
- Bug#15252 – CustomerUserSearchListLimit not working for dynamic field based searches.
- Bug#15253 – AdminCustomerUser does not correctly limit results from multiple backends.
- Bug#15212 – System configuration – ModifiedSettingVersionGet() does not return ChangeBy and CreateBy information. Instead it returns UserID 1.
- Bug#15263 – Error in
Maint::Email::MailQueuebecause of using uninitialized value.
- Bug#15261 – System configurations missing description for
- Bug#15241 – Process issue – First Activity dialogue is not visible.
- Bug#15040 – All dropdowns are inaccessible for screen reader users.
- Bug#15209 – S/MIME encoded articles can not be decoded.
- Bug#15244 – The design of the process ticket does not follow our guidelines on the External Interface. Improved button text to
Close This Dialog.
- Bug#15185 – Missing translations in External Interface.
- Bug#15226 – Selecting a text template when replying to a ticket will cause attachments to not be sent or registered in the reply.
- Bug#15160 – ACL-Filter
PropertiesDatabasenot working in ticket article create in the External Interface.
- Bug#15021 – Chat is not working in External Interface when
- Bug#15217 – Missing TreeView for dynamic fields in Generic Agent.
- Bug#15221 – Clear selection in old select fields is not available in AdminGenericAgent.
- Bug#14754 – Oracle backend error ORA-01704 on INSERT statements with too long string literal. Oracle doesn’t support statements which contains a string literal longer than 4000 characters.
- Bug#15006 – It’s not possible to create a ticket if queue/priority and it’s default value is disabled in the External Interface. Even though submit button is shown, but system is not able to create ticket and shows error message. With this fix, submit button is disabled and notification is shown, while
SupportDataCollectoris able to detect such misconfiguration.
- Bug#15175 – In ticket detail view the field
Servicecan not be edited inline. After changing the value, the old value is reverted.
- Bug#15127 – Process selection doesn’t show the hierarchy in the External Interface. Instead, all processes are shown as top-level.
- Bug#15070 – SysConfig setting
Ticket::EventModulePost###3100-LockAfterCreateis being ignored.
- Bug#15180 – Plain text article printing does not work well with citation.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.