OTRS 8 Patch Level 8
October 26, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 8.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Made the quick access icon bar responsive and added side scrolling capabilities.
- Improved accessibility of the form checkbox component.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed: Template tag replacement not working for note articles.
- Fixed: Required checkboxes are not shown correctly (missing *).
- Fixed: The
Cancelbutton is impossible to reach with banner activated.
- Added ignore loader to omit inclusion of .old files in the webpack build.
- Added exception for the resource timeline custom view.
- Added new color picker form field and improvements for the list popover handling.
- Fixed styling issues in CommonChips component.
- Improved organizer preview delay time on hover on a organizer icon.
- Bug#15073 – Articles are not marked as read when
Expand allfeature is used.
- Bug#15089 – Agent frontend translation of dynamic field values not working.
- Bug#15337 – “Need Text!” error message appears in the system log when the GenericAgent adds a new note to tickets via GA file.
- Ticket#2020100742003395 – Reply via Note article action can not be submitted.
- Ticket#2020100242000923 – Performance problems in ticket lists.
- Bug#15305 – backup.pl parameter and compression inadequacy. Improved database consistency and added support for
pigzcompression (better performances). – Refactored backup script based on feedback from the ManagedOTRS team.
- Bug#15264 – ACLs are applied in the Generic Agent administration screens. It can happen that certain values are hidden and admin is not able to configure job properly.
- Bug#15262 – Bug in Postmaster filter attachment detection for inline images.
- Bug#15196 – When PID still exists (it’s locked), console commands fails without useful information in error message.
- Bug#15319 – PendingTime does not work in the output for export ticket list.
- Bug#15204 – Dropdown to filter the SysConfig settings (by feature add-ons) is no longer available in the navigation.
- Ticket#2020092842001145 – Fixed issue with many recipients in the communication compact article headers and the form recipients field. Recipients were overlapping and very difficult to read.
- Bug#15299 – Dynamic fields are represented differently (labels and names) in AdminGenericAgent screen.
- Ticket#2020071542003028 – When
High Contrast Darkmode is used,
Scroll Toitems are not visible in the ticket detail screen. Items have white color on white background.
- Bug#15125 – Telephone link to raise new phone ticket on incoming call doesn’t work. CTI software needs to open certain link in order to create a new phone ticket. For more info, take a look here: https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/8.0/en/content/tutorials/cti-integration.html.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.