OTRS Security Advisory 2019-05
April 26, 2019 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-05
- Date: 2019-04-26
- Title: Reflected and Stored XSS
- Severity: 3.1 low
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.7, OTRS 6.0.18, OTRS 5.0.35
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N/E:P/RL:O/RC:R
- References: CVE-2019-10067
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including 7.0.6, OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.17 and OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.35.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/8a489236336ddc82e745c27abb32dfa1ceefb0f4
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/67158d8b08309859572c795982ecc7c52484ab0e
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Balázs Úr and Giuseppino Cadeddu for discovering and reporting this issue.
OTRS On-Premise customers should obtain the new product version from our exclusive download area at portal.otrs.com. You need to be logged in with your OTRS-ID. Visit our download center