OTRS Security Advisory 2019-06
April 26, 2019 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-06
- Date: 2019-04-26
- Title: Stored XSS
- Severity: 3.7 low
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRSAppointmentCalendar 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.7, OTRS 6.0.18, OTRSAppointmentCalendar 5.0.13
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N/E:P/RL:O/RC:R
- References: CVE-2019-10066
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
An attacker who is logged into OTRS as a customer user can use the search result screens to disclose information from internal FAQ articles.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including 7.0.6, OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.17 and OTRSAppointmentCalendar 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.12.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/b99cad21f2dd1c2d52299424a589b0b2f20d7ba8
- OTRSAppointmentCalendar 5: https://github.com/OTRS/OTRSAppointmentCalendar/commit/1e514c9935b4c4ddcd1ed60170d4ee2d03f6adfd
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Piotr Domirski for discovering and reporting this issue.