OTRS Security Advisory 2020-02
January 10, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-02
- Date: 2020-01-10
- Title: Improper handling of uploaded inline images
- Severity: 2.0 LOW
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.14, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.25, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.40
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1766
OSA-2020-02 Improper handling of uploaded inline images (CVE-2020-1766)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.x, 6.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition
5.0.x version 5.0.39 and prior versions;
6.0.x version 6.0.24 and prior versions.
7.0.x version 7.0.13 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
This issue has been assigned CVE-2020-1766.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.14, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.25, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5.0.40
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/128078b0bb30f601ed97d4a13906644264ee6013
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/b7d80f9000fc9a435743d8d1d7d44d9a17483a9a
This issue is being tracked as 2019112942001838.
- 2020-01-10: Initial Publication.
- Anton Astaf’ev