OTRS Security Advisory 2020-11
April 27, 2020 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2020-11
- Date: 2020-04-24
- Title: Information disclosure
- Severity: 4.5 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.17, OTRS 6.0.28
- FULL CVSS VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-1774
OSA-2020-11 Information disclosure (CVE-2020-1774)
This issue affects ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.x and 5.0.x. This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x.
When user downloads PGP or S/MIME keys/certificates, exported file has same name for private and public keys. Therefore it’s possible to mix them and to send private key to the third-party instead of public key.
This issue affects:
((OTRS)) Community Edition
6.0.x version 6.0.27 and prior versions.
5.0.x version 5.0.42 and prior versions.
7.0.x version 7.0.16 and prior versions.
This issue was discovered during an external security research.
Upgrade to OTRS 7.0.17, ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6.0.28.
Patch for ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6:
This issue is being tracked as 2020021442001602.
- 2020-04-24: Initial Publication.