OTRS 7 Patch Level 29
September 6, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 7 patch level 29.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved environment check to be able to specify outdated versions.
- Improved generation of support bundles.
- Improved log mechanism to prevent issue with newer versions of Perl.
- Improved access token handling for cluster environments.
Faulty cron event time calculation in local system time zone. Scheduled tasks like generic agent jobs or sending reports are using the local system time provided by the operating system OTRS is running on. Whenever the execution time for a scheduled task is changed, please restart the OTRS Daemon. Please verify the execution times for all configured scheduled tasks in your OTRS system. Important: The execution of scheduled tasks which should occur while DST may fail.
- Ticket#2021052042000826 – Result of subtraction is wrong if Number1 and Number2 are equal.
- Ticket#2021070842000542 – Layout color changes not applied to Jumbo Tron in External Interface.
- Ticket#2021032042000241 – Web service fails to assign ticket to deactivated user with ID 1.
- Ticket#2021062442001389 – Improved lost password handling.
- Ticket#2021072942000502 – Unchecking dynamic field checkbox in generic agent is not working anymore.
- Ticket#2021062442001352 – Improved screen for editing appointments.
- Ticket#2021070842000819 – Improved PostMaster filters.
- Ticket#2021070242001178 – Process Information widget is not well accessible using high contract skin.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.