OTRS 8 Patch Level 4
June 08, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 4.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Do not discard wrong System Configuration setting value if validation fails. Instead, preserve the wrong value in the frontend – this allows admins to correct the issue without losing previous changes.
- Improved migrations scripts (
- Updated Mozilla’s CA certificate bundle.
- Fixed issue where Organizer is not able to handle non-ascii characters.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added pre-checks and corresponding System Configuration settings for the ticket property inline editing feature.
- Fixed an issue where the UTF8MB4 migration would fail if database views are present.
- Improved sort of endpoints list in ACL definition, and context for Unlock/Unwatch ticket actions.
- Added migration for ticket create and action screens.
- Fixed typo in appointment search method.
- Minor FormInput styling updates.
- Improved style of property cards by removing duplicated labels.
- Improved modal dialog scss stylings.
- Removed not needed field in the article footer in the External Interface.
- Bug#15100 – It’s not possible to update the ticket title in the Free fields action. It’s also not shown in the ticket history.
- Bug#15116 – It’s not possible to use json formatted array in the Generic Interface as a valid response.
- Bug#15102 – Error while creating a statistics with OrderBy which is not selected on x-axis.
- Bug#13924 –
Error creating DateTime objectappears in the log during daylight saving time switch.
- Bug#15091 – Missing endpoints in the ACL editor.
- Bug#15104 – ACL does not work with ProcessEntityID parameter.
- Bug#15098 – External frontend menu permission does not honor customer-group permissions.
- Bug#15038 –
Unsafe statementwarnings are shown in the OTRS log.
- Bug#15121 – Customer ID filter in Statistics is not working properly.
- Bug#15016 – Processing of sequence flows throws error for tickets assigned to unknown or invalid processes.
- Bug#15075 – Wrong S/MIME certificate is selected in AgentTicketCompose.
Note: OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.