OTRS 8 Patch Level 5
July 20, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 5.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Added new migration for ‘Frontend::CommonParam###Action’, new helpers for migrations scripts and improved SysConfig ‘SettingDelete’.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved session handling.
- Added new color map value for the widget header.
- Added migrations for ACLs, Search Profiles, Ticket and KBA menu actions, Main Menu, Article Meta Filters, Ticket Detail View and Customer/Customer User Overviews.
- Improved link recognition in
HTMLUtils::LinkQuotefor complex hash parameters (PR#2016).
- Added ACL support for ticket list filter values.
- Fixed caching issues with DBUpdate modules which could lead to configuration not actually being updated.
- Updated CKEditor to version 19.0.0.
- Fixed issue with not being able to start another action when the Link action is open.
- Improved the default organizer item configuration and fixed a problem with creating of new organizer items.
- Updated the display order of customer and customer user business cards.
- Fixed separator color on organizer sidebar edit mode.
- Updated icon in address book flyout.
- Fixed problem with post auth notifications which are shown to early in the external frontend.
- Added mapping for link object action.
- Added post auth check in the admin interface login screen, in order to redirect to the agent interface if any steps must be taken.
- Improved the ticket
Moveaction to not set any default value for the
- Added the quick ticket create action layer for the customer user context.
- Fixed drag & drop visibility issues with the icons in the organizer edit mode.
- Updated stylings for search overlay and search result list.
- Changed shebang command line of Perl scripts from
/usr/bin/perl(which hardcodes the system Perl) to
/usr/bin/env perl(which uses the first found Perl from the $PATH). This should not cause any changes on systems where there is only one Perl installed, but more predictable behavior on systems which have an additional “custom” Perl installed.
- Changed default value of the setting
CustomerUserNameFieldsJoinin the Defaults.pm from empty string to a single space.
- Updated organizer scroll behavior.
- Added logging channels and related defaults options for document search.
- Bug#15227 – Daemon outputs subroutine redefined in logs and provoking false task failures.
- Bug#14516 – The text editor of the external interface is very slow if it contains large text.
- Bug#15118 – The formatting of the Perl API Reference is broken for
- Bug#15203 – Invalid rows are not displayed in gray in Contact with data management page.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#14989 – It’s hard to read disabled top level services in the External Interface.
- Bug#15201 – ACL not working correctly.
- Bug#15215 – System configuration validation causes errors in DBUpdate.
- Bug#15194 – Fixed issue with dynamic fields column configuration breaking the ticket export screen. Issue was due to an oversight in code cleanup after structural change of teh column config.
- Bug#15107 – Customer Users <-> Groups and Customers <-> Groups relations are not working correctly if the system has similar group names.
- Bug#15150 – Rule to add an appointment doesn’t work for dynamic fields.
- Bug#15010 – In System Configuration, Detailed Search drop down menu stays displayed even thought focus is changed.
- Bug#15144 – Note to multiple agents doesn’t work.
- Bug#15149 – CustomerUser <-> Customer membership is not updated when Customer is renamed.
- Bug#15085 – ACL not working for all functions.
- Bug#15112 – It’s not possible to start a process without initial user activity. In this case,
Startbutton is missing.
- Bug#15147 – Article Forwarding uses wrong
- Bug#15092 – Process Dialogue doesn’t fill Customer User and Service fields, even if they are already set.
- Bug#15069 – Dynamic fields of Date/DateTime type are always set, even if they are not enabled.
- Bug#15145 – It’s not possible to change the value of dropdown dynamic field after the value was set previously in the Process ticket.
- Bug#15122 – Wrong output in CSV for empty statistics created via
Maint::Stats::Generateconsole command. In the GUI statistics works correctly, but when console command is used, there is an extra line with
0value, which is not correct.
- Bug#15134 – ACLs doesn’t work when Key=”0″ in Dynamic Fields of type Dropdown.
- Bug#15018 – Link detection in articles doesn’t work for HTML articles.
- Bug#15143 – SysConfig broken for editing array of hashes.
- Bug#14985 – Authentication to ElasticSearch cluster doesn’t work.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.