OTRS Security Advisory 2019-12
July 12, 2019 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-12
- Date: 2019-07-12
- Title: Information Disclosure
- Severity: 2.4. low
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.9, OTRS 6.0.20, OTRS 5.0.37
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2019-13458
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
An attacker who is logged into OTRS as an agent user with appropriate permissions can leverage OTRS tags in templates in order to disclose hashed user passwords.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including 7.0.8, OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.19, OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.36.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Marvin Voormann for discovering and reporting this issue.