OTRS 7 Patch Level 40
November 28, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 7 patch level 40.
Important for Upgrading
- Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Not possible to hide ProcessManagementActivityId and ProcessManagementProcessID dynamic fields in the External Interface. In order to hide above dynamic fields, please disable them in the
ExternalFrontend::TicketDetailView###DynamicField(do not remove them completely, just disable).
- PostMaster cannot browse on PGP body.
- Dynamic field ProcessManagementActivityStatus is listed in the
Available fieldsin the
User Task Activity Dialogeditor.
- Misleading validation error message in Generic Agent and Ticket Search. When
Ticket::SearchIndex::WarnOnStopWordUsageis set and user tries to search for too short or too long terms, the validation error message is not clear.
- Changing Date Dynamic field doesn’t trigger Dynamic field Webservice update.
- Extra trailing space ( character) is added by the CKEditor in the External Interface.
- Comment from the template toolkit file is shown in the AgentTicketCompose screen. It shows something like:
example of how to use fixed dynamic field blocks for customizations....
- Agent sessions multiply when idle timeout expires, if SSO is enabled.
- Document search doesn’t find search terms within huge content (articles / attachments with more than 1.000.000 characters). Issue happens with Elastic search 7 and above.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
- OTRS 8 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.