OTRS 7 Patch Level 8
May 31, 2019 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 8th patch level release of OTRS 7.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added Macedonian and Romanian translations.
- Fixed storage engine detection in database check backend.
- Improved hint for search operators and added link to the manual in the document search dialog.
- Re-implemented switch to customer feature in the customer user and customer information center screens. Brought back
SwitchToCustomer::PermissionGroupconfig options, it is now possible to impersonate customer users in the external interface.
- Added knowledge base related articles to ‘Process Ticket Create’ screen.
- Added posibility to include custom script resources and Content Security Policy headers in the external interface. Use
ExternalFrontend::ExternalScriptsconfig options for including custom scripts, and
WebApp::Server::AdditionalOriginsfor defining additional origins for production web server CSP headers. For more information, please see [the documentation](https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/stable/en/content/external-interface/including-custom-scripts.html).
- Bug#14491 – Ticket::DefineEmailFrom not used for external notes. Added new system configuration options
WebApp::API::Customer::DefaultAgentNameto define if agent name should be shown in external notes in the external interface or should use a default generic name instead.
- Bug#13867 – In the process management within TransitionAction,characters < and > are replaced by HTML escape sequences.
- Bug#14512 – If the customer name has some special characters, the name is shown wrong on the answer article.
- Bug#14398 – External images are automatically loaded in forward screen. New config named
Ticket::Frontend::BlockLoadingRemoteContenthas been added. It controls if loading of external resources will be blocked, by default it is disabled.
- Bug#14500 – The behaviour of the webservices are not compliant to RFC 4648. After 76 characters we built in a linefeed (/n) which is not RFC compliant.
- Bug#14472 – Processes do not get sorted alphabetically in external interface.
- Bug#14520 – Knowledge base article is not shown as relevant if placed in a sub category.
- Bug#14532 – Wrong comment / documentation for Daemon::SchedulerCronTaskManager::Task###GeneticInterfaceDebugLogCleanup in documentation and system configuration.
- Bug#14463 – Knowledge base category and language management screens not accessible in admin overview.
- Bug#14455 – OTRS tags ‘<OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_*>’ don’t work in templates of the type ‘Create’.
- Bug#14514 – In the appointment calendar long entries in the team and agent list can be hidden behind the appointment overview window.
- Bug#14400 – Reply adds the same email address for every connected customer user backend.
- Bug#14480 – Incomplete placeholder for ticket filter in ticket overviews in the external interface. Improved placeholder by showing what can be used for filtering.
- Bug#14470 – Removing custom pages in external frontend and then running OTRS DB-Update-to-7.pl fails.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#13877 – Video call fails to be established with the latest Chrome version. On Oracle there was still an issue when trying to establish a video call connection in up-to-date browsers. Database statement failed by exceeding the limit in the condition value used for signal cleanup.
- Bug#14509 – The agent’s notification bar has a wrong URL. It was only indicated by IE, since other browsers automatically redirected to the same page.
- Bug#14504 – Queue based ACL does not work for AgentTicketActionCommon based screens.
- Bug#14482 – File upload help text is wrapped and overflows on small resolutions.
- Bug#14495 – Wrong initials for customer users with ‘title’ in external interface. Switched to using Firstname and Lastname fields for computing initials.
- Bug#14511 – Statistic does not work during daylight saving time. Fatal error was fixed during generation of statistics based on an unexisting hour, which is lost during the time switch.
- Bug#14481 – Customer session cleanup missing after SessionMaxIdleTime expiration.
- Bug#14429 – OTRS Business Solution is still mentioned in OTRS 7.
- Bug#14412 – CustomerID cannot be changed in ticket action for changing customer. Config option
Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketCustomer::CustomerIDReadOnlywas not honored.
- Bug#14494 – Wrong service selection in ticket search dialog. Tree view selection field has been improved to also work in modal dialogs.
- Bug#14485 – The OTRS log shows ElasticSearch related deprecation errors.
- Bug#14507 – ‘E-Mail Outbound’ and ‘Forward’ screen do not allow to select S/MIME or PGP encryption. Root cause was an incomplete fix for Bug#13476.
- Bug#14464 – Chat monitoring button in the agent interface does not work.
- Bug#14408 – Short description of CustomerID fields is not shown in the process views.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6