OTRS Security Advisory 2019-09
May 31, 2019 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21 [expires at: 2020-11-16]
- uid OTRS Security Team <email@example.com>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-09
- Date: 2019-05-31
- Title: Information Disclosure
- Severity: 2.8. low
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.8, OTRS 6.0.19, OTRS 5.0.36
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:U/RL:O/RC:U
- References: CVE-2019-12497
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
In the customer or external frontend, personal information of agents can be disclosed like Name and mail address in external notes.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including OTRS 7.0.7, OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.19 and OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.36.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level. A new config option named
Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketZoom###DisplayNoteFrom in OTRS 6 and below) has been added, which controls if agent information should be displayed in external note sender field, or be substituted with a different generic name. Another option named
Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketZoom###DefaultAgentName in OTRS 6 and below) can be used to define the generic agent name used in the latter case. By default, previous behavior is preserved, in which agent information is divulged in the external note From field, for the sake of backwards compatibility.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/f8bcf08dfc5f06915c1352c07e5f626f9b5ecfc2
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/d4cc3f0e24937fa53870132003aec6af460b9b57
Thanks to Jens Meister for discovering and reporting this issue.