OTRS 8 Patch Level 28
November 28, 2022 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 28.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our Update Guide for detailed instructions.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed failing screen config migration when widget module is missing.
- Not possible to hide ProcessManagementActivityId and ProcessManagementProcessID dynamic fields in the External Interface. In order to hide above dynamic fields, please disable them in the
ExternalFrontend::TicketDetailView###DynamicField(do not remove them completely, just disable).
- Not possible to configure group permissions for the address book. The fix introduces following settings where such configuration is possible:
- Implement new CustomerUser / CustomerCompany Operations for WebServices.
- Dynamic field ProcessManagementActivityStatus is listed in the
Available fieldsin the
User Task Activity Dialogeditor.
- Misleading validation error message in Generic Agent. When
Ticket::SearchIndex::WarnOnStopWordUsageis set and user tries to search for too short or too long terms, the validation error message is not clear.
- Extra trailing space ( character) is added by the CKEditor in the External Interface.
- Remaining pending time is not shown correctly when OTRSTimeZone is not in UTC.
Show Ticketbutton doesn’t work in ticket notification popup.
Request-URI Too Longerror when exporting BOLs with many Dynamic Fields.
- Agent sessions multiply when idle timeout expires, if SSO is enabled.
- Document search doesn’t find search terms within huge content (articles / attachments with more than 1.000.000 characters). Issue happens with Elastic search 7 and above.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.