OTRS 8 Patch Level 7
October 12, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 7.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Fixed issue with duplicates in case of multiselect fields with pre-defined values.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed problem with missing expanded event in property layout component and added improvements for dynamic field component layer.
- Improved dynamic fields legacy settings migration module.
- Fixed issue with display of dynamic field date and date time in the External Interface.
- Added CPAN dependency for Elasticsearch 6 client and explicit usage.
- Fixed issue with resetting of agent style preference when a different category is submitted.
- Added new field type filter for the dynamic field list functions.
- Added print ticket feature in external interface.
- Updated npm packages.
- Improved agent masking in chat feature.
- Updated third party libraries: jquery to 3.5.1 and spectrum to 1.8.1.
- Added support for ElasticSearch 7.
- Fixed small visual issue when comparing SysConfig settings.
- Improved link object handling in the frontend for link objects which supports multiple link object types.
- Fixed issue with dynamic field pre-selections in the agent interface when the
PossibleNoneoption is turned off.
- Added migration for agent dashboard.
- Fixed stuck bootstrap tooltip on disabled
- Fixed Ticket#2020082842001209 – Added running processes widget definition.
- Bug#15222 – Agents are not able to login because of to small
sessionstable. Issue can occur when LDAP is used and it contains large records.
- Fixed Ticket#2020083142001015 – Added export ticket list feature in the External Interface.
- Bug#15297 – Unknown customer is not set correctly in process tickets.
- Bug#15272 – Base64 encode adds unwanted space in authorization REST header.
- Bug#14493 – Wrong page descriptions in the Google.
- Bug#14866 – When there is at least on article in the process ticket, a link “Add another message” appears. We already have the button
Respond to ticketwith same functionality.
- Reverted fix for Bug#14722 – Debug messages are shown as Daemon errors.
- Bug#15259 – GPG 2 “selecting card failed” message provokes false decryption errors. This normally is not a hard error and does not indicate that the decryption has failed, but OTRS PGP parsing looks for the ‘failed’ word in the message, provoking and abnormal operation as this is interpreted as a decryption failure.
- Reverted fix for Bug#14203 – GET method in web services processes entity-body message from request.
- Fixed Ticket#2020050642001891 – CSS for External Interface has affect Agent Interface too.
- Bug#15232 – Using “0” as key in dynamic fields of type multiselect is not working. The value can’t be selected, or it causes error.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.