OTRS Security Advisory 2021-19
Oktober 18, 2021 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
- pub 2048R/9C227C6B 2011-03-21
- uid OTRS Security Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPG Fingerprint E330 4608 DA6E 34B7 1551 C244 7F9E 44E9 9C22 7C6B
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2021-19
- Date: 2021-10-18
- Title: Regular Expression Denial of Service in postcs
- Severity: 5.3 MEDIUM
- Product: OTRS 8.0.x, OTRS 7.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 8.0.17, OTRS 7.0.30
- FULL CVSS v3.1 VECTOR: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:L
- References: CVE-2021-23368
OSA-2021-19 Regular Expression Denial of Service in postcs (CVE-2021-23368)
This issue affects OTRS 7.0.x, 8.0.x.
OTRS uses outdated thirdparty npm module “resolve-url-loader”, which depends on “postcs” module and it’s vulnerable to the ReDoS attack.
This issue affects:
OTRS AG OTRS 7.0.x version 7.0.29 and prior versions; 8.0.x version 8.0.16 and prior versions.
This issue was seen during internal research.
Update to OTRS 8.0.17, OTRS 7.0.30.
This issue is being tracked as 2021091442000769.
- 2021-10-18: Initial Publication.
- CVE-2021-TBD at cve.mitre.org