OTRS 7 Patch Level 16
March 27, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 7 patch level 16.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Mask user credentials in the SupportBundle.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved random number generator. We added new CPAN dependencies, which should already be present on all systems: Crypt::Random::Source Exporter::Tiny Math::Random::ISAAC Math::Random::Secure Module::Find Moo Types::TypeTiny namespace::clean
- Improved token handling in the LostPassword requests.
- Added a new SysConfig setting ‘DisableLoginAutocomplete’ – when enabled, it disables autocomplete in the login forms. System adds autocomplete=”off” attribute to the login input fields. Note that some browsers ignore it by default (usually it can be changed in the browser configuration).
- Improved From field handling in the Email action screens.
- Bug#14752 – In the ticket create screen, system always preselects first valid certificate for signature/encryption. In this case, system should preselect default certificate, or the one with the newest/longest valid certificate.
- Bug#14949 – PostMaster X-OTRS-AttachmentExists filter is activated on email with embedded images.
- Bug#13103 – Items in admin favorites are sorted by id instead of alphabetically.
- Bug#14953 – System logs an error when email contains utf-8 characters while trying to create a gravatar link.
- Bug#14952 – From field is not consistent if article is created by note compared to the bulk note add (in agent interface).
- Bug#14989 – Hard to read not-selectable top level services in external interface. Not selectable services are displayed with a light gray color, which is hard to read.
- Bug#14988 – The edit button in ‘Assigned Transition Actions’ table doesn’t work (in Transition Actions).
- Bug#14987 – InvalidUserCleanup generates tons of useless entries in the ticket history.
- Bug#14982 – Filter for CustomerIDs with special characters break the page.
- Bug#14774 – AdminGenericAgent matches first ticket close time instead of last. The issue occurs when the ticket is reopened and then closed again – system matches first close time.
- Bug#14995 – LinkTable widget location from configuration is not honoured. The configuration in Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketZoom###Widgets###0300-LinkTable is being ignored.
- Bug#14944 – Changing Ticket Number Generator causes ExternalTicketNumberRecognition to fail. Therefore system creates a new ticket instead of appending the article to the existing one.
- Bug#14991 – System still checks if there are video chat requests. This feature is dropped, therefore this check is not needed any more.
- Bug#14836 – In the ticket detail screen, system overrides current values of the ticket priority and ticket state, replacing them with the default value. System replace the default value as configured in ExternalFrontend::TicketDetailView###PriorityDefault and ExternalFrontend::TicketDetailView###StateDefault. Therefore old ticket state is thrown away. With this fix it’s possible to disable this settings in order to avoid this issue.
- Bug#14974 – Untranslated string in appointment calendar.
- Bug#14926 – OTRS tag <OTRS_EMAIL_DATE> in Templates does not work correctly.
- Bug#14954 – Back button in AgentTicketZoom does not work as expected after AgentDocumentSearch action. If user search for a term in AgentDocumentSearch and then click on all results, system shows the list of the tickets that match user input. After clicking on the ticket from the list, ticket zoom screen is shown, but when user clicks on the back button, it opens dashboard instead of going back to the ticket list.
- Bug#14963 – Mails are not signed in compose screens. If an S/MIME certificate is set for signing and encrypting outgoing mails, it is not used for signing in Compose answers. For new Email tickets, E-Mail Outbound and Forward the emails are signed correctly. Furthermore, if “sign and encrypt” is chosen, the mail will only be encrypted, but not signed.
- Bug#14939 – If a ticket has one or more internal articles this ticket always appears unread on the external interface.
- Bug#14932 – OTRS tag is not replaced in a Generic Agent job if the ticket has no CustomerID.
- Bug#14960 – Incorrect language file loading. OTRS loads wrong language files if the user uses a top-level language file like ‘es’ or ‘fr’ where also country variants exist (e. g. “es_MX”) and the user has packages with translation files installed.
- Bug#14928 – The formatted text displays wrong in the external knowledge base.
- Bug#14968 – Values of the queue field are translated in the bulk view.
- Bug#14967 – The accounted time is missing in the generic interface TicketGet documentation of API.
- Bug#14964 – Wrong error message by verifying the DocumentSearch Index. It should be logged as debug information, not error.
- Bug#14833 – Citation conversion to plain text is broken.
- Bug#14858 – It’s not possible to transfer value “0” via web service to dynamic field.
- Bug#14203 – GET method processes entity-body message from request.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#10825 – <OTRS_CUSTOMER_Body> in Reply-Template. Re-added tags which were marked as not supported in previous fix.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
OTRS On-Premise customers should obtain the new product version from our exclusive download area at portal.otrs.com. You need to be logged in with your OTRS-ID. Visit our download center