OTRS 7 Patch Level 28
July 26, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® 4-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 7 patch level 28.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Updated bundled CPAN module ‘LWP’.
- The handling of date and date time values for tickets and dynamic fields in e.g. ticket notifications is changed, the output is now correctly formatted using the given time zone information.
For dynamic fields, there is the possibility to output the stored value (as in the OTRS database) by using
<OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_X> and to output the correctly formatted value by using
- Added CreateBy, CreateTime, ChangeBy and ChangeTime fields in the admin screens (Ticket#2020022842001069).
- Added the possibility to use also the username for the password recovery in the external frontend.
- Improved article limit feature in Generic Interface.
- Increased minimum requirements for NodeJS version 14.15.0 with npm 6.14.
- Ticket#2021061442000603 – Improved link handling.
- Ticket#2021043042000836 – 0 as value is neither shown nor saved in customer information.
- Ticket#2021052742000742 – Foreign customer company backends are using wrong database connection.
- Ticket#2021062442001398 – Improved calendar appointment handling.
- Ticket#2021062442001361 – Improved ticket bulk screen.
- Ticket#2021062242001801 – “Ticket Queue Overview” dashboard widget shows tickets with “ro” permission type, but “rw” is configured.
- Ticket#2021060742001581 — “Stop after match” option does not work in ACLs.
- Ticket#2021050342000331 – Improvements in the Support Bundle.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.