OTRS 8 Patch Level 11
February 8, 2021 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the OTRS 8 patch level 11.
Important for Upgrading
Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Implemented downgrade to CKEditor 4.16.
- Improved PDF output in the External Interface.
- Fixed npm audit issues.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added migration module for admin interface access group.
- Implemented an optional web socket downgrade mechanism for public users.
WebApp::APIClient###WebSocketRequiresAuthentication has been added to control whether the web socket connection is used for public users.
- Added a better route detection for the different links.
- Added mixin for app idle mode.
- Improved control over the row hovering effect in the business object list table component.
- Added new testing subsystem in Kernel/Test. This will coexist with scripts/test as long as required.
- Fixed a problem with default filter preset fields in some situations.
- Improved shutdown behavior of Hypnotoad to use less memory.
- Ticket#2020112642000878 – Deleting text in body field prevents writing new text e.g. while creating tickets.
- Ticket#2020120342001426 – Templates are not working as expected.
- Ticket#2020110242000958 – Button “Paste as plain text” in editor is not working correctly.
- Ticket#2020110242000931 – Color of “Paste as plain text” button in editor is not clearly visible.
- Ticket#2021011442001353 – Scrolling the ticket with an open dialog is not possible.
- Ticket#2020101442001936 – Ticketlist endpoint optimizations.
- Ticket#2020121842000721 – Service ID is shown instead of service name in service dropdown field.
- Ticket#2021010542001192 – Improved code to prevent “Use of uninitialized value in string” message in
- Ticket#2020121542002377 – Inconsistent event handling in OTRS 8.
- Ticket#2020111342001365 – No notifications are triggered when “Available for agent in groups” option contains at least one group.
- Ticket#2020052542002139 – Not possible to change tickets to a process ticket.
- Ticket#2020122142000974 – AuthSync never triggered when using HTTPBasicAuth in OTRS 8.
- Bug#15338 – Dynamic field content is cut off after 20 characters in ticket list statistics.
- Ticket#2020121042001243 – ACL migration does not consider key
- Ticket#2020102242003044 – ReplyToNote is set to
ShowIcon = 0, but the icon still appears.
- Bug#15167 – Tag
OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_*works inconsistent on different views.
- Bug#15383 – Print ticket button is not displayed in the External Interface if follow-up is not possible.
- Bug#15240 – Imported email address causes undelivery message. Improved email address detection during Customer User creation.
- Bug#15391 – Not possible to use
0value as a key for Dynamic field filters in statistics.
- Ticket#2020121142001241 – While replying to article via mail and receiving an mail the current window is disappearing.
- Bug#15326 – All day appointment is shown wrong in the linked object widget.
- Ticket#2020112042000414 – Wrong component contained in
- Ticket#2020112042001422 – Wrong YAML configuration after system migration.
- Bug#15401 – Generic Agent adds notes with wrong content if multiple tickets are handled.
- Ticket#2020071342001426 – Modifying the calendar dynamic field configuration requires changes to the form settings to be applied.
- Ticket#2020072242002462 – Strange generic agent have been triggered by fault.
- Ticket#2020120342000445 – Pictures in KBAs aren’t visible in edit mode after system upgrade.
- Ticket#2020113042000548 – Inline images are removed in forwarded articles.
- Ticket#2020092942002446 – Names of service and SLA cannot appear well if the names are long.
- Ticket#2020111942002059 – Improved PDF display of article fields in the External Interface.
- Ticket#2020100942001106 – Postmaster X-OTRS headers are not stored properly for Dynamic Fields of type Date.
- Bug#15292 – Agent timezone is not honored in templates for Dynamic Fields of type Date/DateTime when sending emails.
- Bug#15294 – Outgoing emails and internal notes always use UTC date as article create time.
- Bug#15130 – Advice text and optional button text in the Process Activity Dialog are not shown in External Interface.
- Bug#15277 – Ticket search in the Agent Interface and TicketSearch operation in the Generic Interface do not return same results if searched for text with white space. Additional SysConfig
GenericInterface::Operation::TicketSearch###ExtendedSearchConditionwas added to influence ticket search in Generic Interface. By default it is unchecked for backwards compatibility.
- Bug#15094 – Values of some dynamic fields (e.g. Dropdown) are not shown completely in 2 or 3 column view.
- Ticket#2020110242000565 – Popover dropdown menus are not accessible via keyboard.
- Ticket#2020111942001747 – Created articles for inbound/outbound phone calls are not visible for customers.
- Ticket#2020102642001941 – Downloading statistics in CSV format fails when ticket title contains special characters.
- Ticket#2020101242001645 – Links in the total row of the Dashboard Queue Matrix widget are broken.
- Ticket#2020111342000982 – Redirect not working after login.
- Bug#15369 – Exported ticket list shows article subject instead of ticket title in the External Interface.
- Ticket#2020111042001031 – Dynamic Field Multiselect is mandatory even if not set as mandatory.
- Ticket#2020082842000899 – Accounted time is not visible in merge ticket action.
- Ticket#2020102642002092 – Empty property widgets do not hide.
- Ticket#2020102342000518 – Uninitialized value error message in the log when debug mode is enabled.
Ticket#2020112742001062 – Body is empty by using reply or forward action.
- OTRS 9 will not support Internet Explorer anymore.
- OTRS 9 will not support Oracle as application database anymore.
OTRS Group managed customers who are using product versions that are reaching end of maintenance and support must be updated by our Customer Solution Team by scheduling an individual maintenance appointment in order to continue receiving necessary releases and support. OTRS On-Premise customers must obtain a newer product version by ordering our migration services.